WordQ 5 is a simple but brilliantly designed writing solution that improves with you, regardless of your age or writing ability. It is an easy-to-use tool that provides Word Prediction, Voice Recognition and Spoken Feedback. It was created for those who can type but have trouble with writing and spelling.
WordQ has been widely used in Northern America for over 18 years. It uses the Oxford English dictionary and UK voices. WordQ works with Windows OS and Mac OS. The Voice Recognition function is only available on Windows OS. System requirements: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10/Mac OS 10.4 to 10.10. 2GHz or higher. 2Gb RAM (4Gb preferred). Speakers or a headset.
- Word prediction works even if words are spelled creatively or missing parts
- Offers a list of words with similar meaning to add variety to your writing
- Uses clear and pleasant voice feedback
- Gives examples for words that sound similar by using them in a sentence.
- Text reading software reads aloud documents, websites, emails and instant-messaging in a pleasant voice.
- Using text to speech when writing, poor grammar sounds off and bad punctuation disrupts the rhythm helping people to self-correct their text.
- Helps only as much as you need with functions that easily turn on or off
- Allows you to modify word prediction to use specific vocabulary or topics
- While learning which words you like to use, its word prediction works faster
- Linguistically aligned dictionaries and speech feedback for English, French, and Spanish
Features of Voice Recognition:
- Allows you to type the words you know and use voice to text to say the ones you don’t, from single words to entire paragraphs
- Voice recognition helps you write everything you say from single words to entire paragraphs
- Offers suggestions for words you have difficulty pronouncing
- Train its voice recognition to understand your voice, with no reading required
- Allows you to mix typing and speaking for best results
- No voice commands to remember
You can certify your skills on WordQ by taking the certification test here. This should take around 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete, on passing, you will be sent a completion certificate. For additional information please download the WordQ SpeakQ Info Sheet. To find out answers to any questions about WordQ SpeakQ, please read the FAQ.